The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau
- Around 6 a.m. gunmen opened fire upon National Police checkpoint in Amil neighborhood in west Baghdad killing two police men.
- 15 people were killed and 57 others were wounded when a suicide car bomb attacked al-Qahira Police Station in northeast Baghdad around 8 a.m.
- Three civilians were wounded when a roadside bomb detonated in Hayfa Street in downtown Baghdad around 7:30 a.m.
- Five civilians were wounded when a roadside bomb detonated in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 8:15 a.m.
- Two people were killed and seven others were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated in Alawi area in downtown Baghdad around 9:30 a.m.
- Three Iraqi soldiers were wounded when a roadside bomb detonated in Amiriyah area in south Baghdad around 9 a.m.
- Three people were killed and 18 others including five police men were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated near the local council building in Meqdadiyah area east of Baquba city around 10 a.m. - Four civilians were wounded when gunmen detonated four houses belongs to policemen in Buhroz area south of Baquba.
- 13 people were wounded in six explosions throughout Baladroz city east of Baquba city.
- Three people were killed and two people were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated near the directorate of the FPS in Ramadi city.
- Two insurgents were killed and a civilian was wounded when a car bomb detonated near a bus station in Ramadi city Wednesday morning.
- One civilian was killed and ten people including two Iraqi soldiers were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated in downtown Falluja city around 12 p.m.
- A policeman was killed when an adhesive bomb that was stuck to his car detonated in south Fallujah.
- Ten people were killed and 15 others were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated near al-Balda police station in downtown Kut city.
- Ten people were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated targeting a police station in downtown Basra city.
- A civilian was killed and 32 others were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated behind a police station in Nasr neighborhood in south Karbala city.
- Three policemen were wounded when a parked car bomn detonated in Dujail city in Salahuddin province Wednesday morning.
- A civilian was killed and eight others were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated targeting a police patrol in south Kirkuk city.
- Three Iraqi soldiers were killed and 13 others were wounded when a suicide car bomb detonated targeting Iraqi army base in south Mosul city.
- Clashes broke out between Iraqi security forces and insurgents in Al Maash market place in downtown Mosul city. One Iraq soldier was killed, two soldiers were wounded, two policemen and one civilian were wounded.
The body of a doctor who was kidnapped three days earlier near his home, was found by the police. There were gun-shot wounds in the head and the chest.