The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 3 p.m. gunmen using guns fitted with silencers tied-up and killed three Iraqi army soldiers were near their Humvee in Aadhamiyah neighborhood and shortly after a roadside bomb exploded near the bodies of the three soldiers and set the Humvee on fire. Iraqi police, army and firemen were heading to the site as another four roadside bombs exploded in different routes in a quick secession about 15 minutes for all roadside bombs, targeting the first responders. 16 were killed including 7 civilians and 14 were injured including seven civilians.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted an Iraqi police vehicle at the eastern entrance of Fallujah city injuring three policemen and a police Major.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted an Iraqi Army patrol in north of Fallujah killing one soldier and injuring five others.
- On Wednesday night a roadside bomb explosion targeted Ehsan Abdul Lateef Al Duri, Imam of Al Rawi mosque, and worshipers leaving the mosque in Fallujah. The explosion killed Al Duri and two other worshipers and injured six others.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted a house of an Iraqi Army soldier in Zimmar town north east of Mosul causing injuries to the soldier’s wife on Wednesday.
- Gunmen killed an Iraqi army soldier while he was off duty in eastern Mosul on Wednesday.
- Gunmen stormed a house in north Mosul and killed a woman and her young boy on Wednesday.
A magnetic bomb that was stuck to a vehicle in the motorcade of police Brig. Gen. Dahham al JUboori. detonated in Qayara neighbourhood, south Mosul, Thursday, killing one policeman and injuring two others.
An unidentified body of a young man in his twenties was found in Aqeedat neighbourhood, south Mosul, Thursday. There were several gun dhot wounds all over his body.