The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen killed four policemen in a checkpoint in Abu Ghraib town west of Baghdad around 6 a.m.
- A magnetic bomb stuck to a civilian car exploded causing injuries to the driver in Al Adhemiyah neighborhood.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted Iraqi national police vehicle in Zafaraniyah neighborhood injuring two policemen and two civilians.
- A roadside bomb exploded near an entry point to a police station in west Mosul injuring one civilian.
- Gunmen killed an Iraqi army soldier in south Kirkuk.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police vehicle in Al Musala neighborhood in Kirkuk injuring two policemen.