The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- One civilian was killed and six others were wounded when a bomb detonated in Athemiyah neighborhood in northeast Baghdad around on Thursday morning.
- A civilian was killed and two others were wounded when an adhesive bomb that was stuck to a civilian car detonated near Babil hotel in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 7 p.m.
- A child was wounded when a bomb detonated in west Mosul on Thursday morning.
- Gunmen driving a speeding car and using machineguns opened fire upon policeman checkpoint wounding a policeman in Nerkal neighborhood in north Mosul.
- Two Iraq soldiers were killed in clashes between Iraqi army checkpoint and insurgents in Mahalabiyah area west of Mosul on Thursday evening.
- The commander of the anti-riot force in Tikrit, three of his guards and seven civilians were killed while 15 other civilians were wounded when a suicide bomber blew up himself inside a goldsmith shop in downtown Tikrit city north of Baghdad on Thirsday afternoon.