The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Three civilians and one policeman were injured when a roadside bomb targeted a vehicle of the Iraqi police in Al Nidhal Street in central Baghdad around 9:30 a.m.
- A child was killed when a hand grenade exploded after he found it in a garbage pile in an empty piece of land in central Mosul city.
- Iraqi police said that Iraqi army soldiers shot and killed a man who was trying to attack an Iraqi army vehicle using a hand grenade in Al Qadisiyah neighborhood in east Mosul.
- A parked car bomb exploded targeting a convoy of Peshmerga, a Kurdish militia injuring several members of the militia in Al Sinuni town, 75 miles northwest of Mosul. Police sources from Nineveh gave different numbers for the injuries saying only three members were injured other sources said that more than 30 were injured.
- Two policemen were injured when a roadside bomb explosion targeted their vehicle in Al Qahira neighborhood in north Mosul.
- A roadside targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Al Sukar neighborhood injuring two soldiers.
- A roadside bomb exploded in Al Nabuls in west Mosul injuring one civilian.
-One civilian was killed and two civilians were injured when a magnetic bomb stuck to a civilian car exploded in central Fallujah.
- One civilian was injured when a roadside bomb targeted a vehicle of Iraqi police in west Fallujah.
- A suicide attacker wearing a vest bomb targeted mourners at a funeral tent in central Haditha town killing five people and injuring 11.