The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Karrada injuring two civilians.
- A bomb exploded inside a falafel shop and another bomb exploded minutes later outside the same shop in New Baghdad neighborhood killing five civilians and injuring 27 others.
- A roadside bomb targeted Nineveh provincial council member Qusai Abbas injuring him and two of his bodyguards in Al Maliya neighborhood eastern Mosul. Abbas represents Shabak ethnicity and is a member of Al Hadba electoral list.
- A gunman threw a hand grenade targeting a police patrol in Suq Al She’arin in central Mosul. Two policemen and four civilians were injured.
- Around 10 a.m. a group of gunmen attacked the house of the commander of Fallujah police in Al Jughaifi neighborhood in Fallujah. Two gunmen were injured and captured.
- Gunmen attacked the house of Jamal Ziban, a police member and local Awakening leader, in Al Bu Essa tribe area south of Fallujah before sun rise today. The gunmen took over the house killing Ziban and two of his sons and blew up the house after ordering the rest of Ziban’s family to leave the house.
- A bomb exploded outside a music shop in Fallujah causing damages to the shop.