The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around noon, a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Mahmudiyah town south of Baghdad city. Three civilians were injured including one child.
- Around 7:30 p.m. a bicycle loaded with explosives exploded targeting civilians in Abu Desheer south Baghdad killing two civilians and injuring 13.
- Around 10 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians near a café in Dora. One civilian was killed and five others were injured.
- Four bombs targeted four houses in Al Hadbaa neighborhood in Mosul. No casualties were reported.
- Two suicide bombers wearing vest bombs targeted civilians in a café and a restaurant in Sinjar town, 80 miles northwest of Mosul, killing 17 civilians and injuring 26. Most of them were Yazidis.
- A suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb tried to attack a Sufi Muslims gathering in Al Jahiza area south of Baquba. The explosion killed the suicide bomber only.