The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 p.m. a magnetic bomb detonated under a car belongs to the Iraqia T.V. channel funded by the government near the Adhamiyah river’s bank in northern Baghdad on Sunday. Two members of the channel crew were wounded with another civilian who was at the scene.
- One mortar hit Palestine Street in eastern Baghdad around 9:20 p.m. The sell fell near a police patrol injuring a policeman.
- Insurgents threw a grenade at an American patrol in Tikrit around 11 a.m. No casualties reported, but one Humvee was damaged.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol in Islah Al-Ziraai neighborhood in western Mosul on Sunday. Five civilians were wounded.
- Around noon a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol in Mosul on Sunday. One soldier was wounded besides a civilian who was at the scene.
- Around noon a magnetic bomb attached under a reporter’s car detonated in Jami’a neighborhood in northern Mosul on Sunday. The reporter Alaa Abdul Wahab who works for Baghdadiyah channel died in hospital after suffering from serious injury while another reporter from Al-Riadhi sport newspaper who was with him in the car survived having superficial injury.
- Police found unidentified dead body for a woman near Ali Mardan village in northeast Kirkuk having some shots in her body on Sunday.