The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 a.m. two cars bombs detonated in a sequence at the park of the ministry of oil building in downtown Baghdad on Monday. Four people were killed and seven others were wounded including two policemen.
- Around 7 p.m. a magnetic bomb attached to an oil products’ tanker detonated near the Dora refinery in Dora neighborhood in southern Baghdad on Monday. Three drivers were wounded with a tanker fully burned while two others got some damage.
- Around 8 p.m. a gunman threw a grenade on a police check point at the intersection of Saidiyah-Dora on Monday. Four policemen were killed and three others were wounded.
- Around 8:50 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in Shola- Huriyah intersection on Monday. No casualties reported.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Kornish Street in downtown Mosul on Monday morning. One person was wounded.
- Around 4 p.m. gunmen opened fire on a police check point in Bab Al-Tob neighborhood in downtown Mosul. One policeman was killed.
- Police found 3 dead bodies in Intisar neighborhood in Mosul on Monday.
- A roadside bomb targeted a convoy of cars for a couple celebrating their wedding around 6:15 on Monday. One person was killed and 6 others were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol near the amusement park in northern Basra on Monday morning.