The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Four mortars hit alMuhandseen neighborhood in eastern Baghdad around 8 a.m. Four people were wounded.
- A car bomb, which was parked near the medicine college in western Mosul, detonated targeting an army patrol around 1:45 p.m Four people were killed including three soldiers and fourteen others were wounded including four soldiers.
- Gunmen threw a grenade at a police patrol at Sarj Khana in down Mosul. Three people were wounded including two policemen.
- Police found a dead body which was decapitated in Khadrah neighborhood in eastern Mosul.
- A car bomb detonated near a school in Tiseen neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk. One person was killed and ten others were wounded.
- Iranian artillery bombed some villages near the Iraqi-Iranian borders at Qandeel mountain in northeast Sulaimaniyah on Tuesday evening. A two year old child was killed and his parents were wounded.