The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A suicide bomber targeted policemen who had left the criminal evidence department in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 11:30 a.m. Two policemen were killed and 12 others were wounded including some civilians.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Saidiyah neighborhood in southern Baghdad around 1 p.m. Three people were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Musa bin Nasir intersection in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 6 p.m.
- A suicide bomber targeted a police patrol in Borsa neighborhood in western Mosul around 1:45 p.m. Two policemen were killed and ten others were wounded including two civilians.
- Gunmen opened fire at a young man of 16 killing him at once in the Matahin neighborhood in western Mosul.
- Two magnetic bombs detonated under a Sheikh’s car in Tal alThahab village (6 miles south of Balad) around 9 a.m.. Sheikh Dhiab with his mother, brother and son were in the car at that time. All were killed in the incident.
- Police found a dead body for an engineer who was kidnapped a week ago in Daqooq town (south of Kirkuk).