The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Karadat Mariam neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 1 p.m. Three people were injured.
- A roadside bomb targeted the convoy of Adel Abdul Mahdi’s guards near the Masbah intersection in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 1:30 p.m. Eight people were wounded including four guards.
- A suicide bomber targeted a police patrol in Wadi Hajar in southern Mosul early morning. One policeman was killed and five people were wounded including two policemen.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in the New Mosul neighborhood in western Mosul in the evening. One policeman was wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Ghazi street in downtown Mosul around 7 p.m. One civilian was wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Garma neighborhood in northern Falluja near a police station around 10 a.m. Four people were wounded including two policemen.
- A magnetic bomb detonated under a policeman’s car in Zedan’s neighborhood in eastern Fallujah. Two people were killed (the policeman’s father and wife) and he was wounded in that incident.