The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in Shaab neighborhood in northern Baghdad around 10 a.m. No casualties reported.
- Two roadside bombs detonated in downtown Baquba in a sequence of ten minutes between 10 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. The first ID targeted an ambulance. Four people were injured including two of the ambulance passengers. The second ID targeted a police patrol in the same area. One policeman was injured.
- Monday night, a mortar hit one of the houses in Quriyah neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk. The mortar didn’t blow up. No damage reported.
- A suicide bomber was arrested by the Kurdish intelligence in downtown Kirkuk before detonating himself in a bus station near the second bridge in the afternoon.
- Police found one dead body in Thawra neighborhood in western Mosul.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in the Nabi Yunis neighborhood in eastern Mosul around 2 p.m. Four people were wounded, police said. With no casualties on the American side.