The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb detonated near the Musa Bin Nasir petrol station in Nidhal street in downtown Baghdad targeting the deputy minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research's convoy around 10 a.m. Four people were injured including two guards of the deputy minister.
- A roadside bomb detonated near the Shaab stadium in downtown Baghdad around 10:30 a.m. Two people were wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Shaab neighborhood in northern Baghdad around noon. Two people were wounded.
- A car bomb detonated in Mansour neighborhood in western Baghdad targeting an American patrol after leaving a meeting for the Mansour municipality council building. Five people were wounded.
- Police killed a suicide bomber before detonated himself near a police check point in the Dorat alYarmouk neighborhood in downtown Mosul in the morning. Also three policemen were wounded.
- A gunman threw a grenade on some workers near a police check point in Tal Afar (north of Mosul) in the afternoon. Six people were wounded including two policemen.