The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7:30 a.m. a roadside bomb detonated near the Central preparatory school in the Adhamiyah neighborhood. Four people were injured.
- Around 8 a.m. a magnetic bomb detonated under a civilian car near the Qahtan intersection in the Yarmouk neighborhood of west Baghdad. Two people were injured.
- A magnetic bomb detonated under a civilian car in the Qanal intersection (east Baghdad). Four people were injured.
- Around 1 p.m. a roadside bomb detonated near a liquor shop close to the National Theatre on Sadoun street in central Baghdad. Seven people were wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated near Musa bin Naser petrol station in Nidhal street downtown Baghdad. Five people were injured including three employees of the Ministry of Agriculture who were at the scene by coincidence.
- A roadside bomb targeted a national police patrol in Karrada in downtown Baghdad. Four people were injured.
- Police found one dead body in Nu'ayriyah in Rusafa bank in Baghdad today. Salahuddin
- Gunmen opened fire on two off-duty policemen in a civilian car in Al-Bu Ajeel (three miles east of Tikrit). Two policemen were wounded and one of them is in serious condition.