The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Two roadside bombs detonated near liquor shops at Uqba bin Nafia intersection in the Karrada neighborhood. Five people were injured and two shops were damaged.
- Police found one dead body in Nasr neighborhood in Karkh bank in Baghdad today.
- Before noon, a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi Army patrol in the 17th of July neighborhood in Mosul city. Two soldiers were wounded.
- A suicide car bomber targeted an Iraqi Army patrol in Kog Jali neighborhood in Mosul city. Two soldiers were wounded.
- Five al Qaida members were killed and one American-backed Sunni paramilitary member was injured in clashes that took place in Al-Milih area (about 18 miles northeast Samarra). - A magnetic bomb detonated under a police officer's car in Samarra city. The officer was killed.