The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Al Shaab neighborhood killing one civilian man was passing by the site and injured four Iraqi army soldiers.
- Around noon, gunmen from Mahdi army militia clashed with Iraqi national police soldiers in Al Shaab neighborhood. The clash lasted more than an hour. One civilian was killed and five others were injured.
- Around 2 p.m. a bomb attached to a civilian car exploded near Al Firdous square killing one man and injuring two others including a high ranking officer in Iraqi ministry of defense.
- Around 4 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Palestine St. killing two soldiers and injuring three others.
- Iraqi police found two dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Husseiniyah, one in Dura.
- Gunmen killed two policemen while they were off duty in Al Sinaa area in Mosul.