The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb detonated near a petrol station in Zafaraniyah neighborhood (southeast Baghdad) around 9 a.m. Two people were killed and 10 others were wounded, including two traffic policemen. - A roadside bomb detonated in a market in Zafaraniyah neighborhood (southeast Baghdad) around 9:30 a.m. Seven people were injured including three policemen.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Ghazaliyah neighborhood (west Baghdad). Five people were injured including two policemen.
- Police found one dead body in Ameen of the New Baghdad neighborhood ( east Baghdad).
- Gunmen opened fire on a policeman in Zanjili (west Mosul). The policeman was seriously injured and later died in the hospital.
Salahuddin - Five gunmen wearing Iraqi army uniforms broke into the house of a Sahwa leader in the Sharqiya village of Balad (north of Baghdad). The gunmen killed the Sahwa leader’s brother. Then clashes took place between the gunmen and the village residents. Four people were killed and two women and a child.
- A mass grave of 11 dead bodies was found in Banat Al-Hassan village( about 18 miles east of Samarra). The remains were of people kidnapped in 2007, including the son of the Samarra council chairman. The dead bodies were buried today but were found two days ago, police said.
- Four Turkish planes bombed some villages in the north of Arbil near the borders with Turkey. No casualties or damage reported.