The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Jisr Diyala neighborhood (southeast Baghdad). One civilian was killed and four others were injured.
- Around 8am, five mortar shells hit the Baghdad International Airport (west Baghdad). No casualties reported.
- Around 10:30 am, five mortars hit the International Zone (IZ) in downtown Baghdad. No casualties reported.
- Around 11:30 am, two roadside bombs detonated in one of the Sahwa headquarters in Dora (south Baghdad). Six were injured (two Sahwa members and four Iraqi army soldiers who were in the nearby area).
- Around 3 pm 2 mortars hit Adhamiyah neighborhood(north Baghdad) near Abu Hanifa mosque and shrine. Two people were killed and 6 others were injured.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Beirut intersection in Palestine Street( east Baghdad)with no casualties but another roadside bomb detonated when a police patrol arrived. Two policemen were killed and two civilians were wounded.
-Police found 2 dead bodies in Baghdad today: one in Yarmouk(west Baghdad) and one in Palestine street( east Baghdad).
- Around 10:30 am a roadside bomb detonated in Balad Ruz (28 miles east of Baquba). One civilian was killed and four others wounded.
- Gunmen killed two people including a police officer and injured another person near Sadiya town police station( about 45 miles east of Baquba ).
- Iraqi army found a mass grave containing the remains of at least 20 people in Abu Aisha wells (north of Karbala) last night. The remains are delivered to the morgue of the Hussein hospital in Karbala. The dead people were Shiite shepherds who were kidnapped by the Qaeda about 18 months ago in Nikhaib (south west of Ramadi and west of Karbala), police and medical sources said.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Yabsat neighborhood in Mosul city. Four policemen were injured.
- Gunmen opened fire in Khazraj neighborhood in Mosul. One civilian was killed and four others were wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated near Maskana church in Al-Noor neighborhood in Mosul city. No casualties reported but some damage with the church.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Intisar neighborhood in Mosul city. Two Iraqi soldiers were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Risala neighborhood in Mosul. Nine people were wounded.