The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 11 a.m. two bombs attached to two cars exploded near the Green Zone. The first was attached to a parked civilian car and the second to a military vehicle, injuring four civilians and one Iraqi army soldier.
- Police found two dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Shaab, one in Mansour.
- Gunmen killed a shop owner in central Mosul.
- Gunmen killed a governmental employee in al Quds neighborhood in Mosul.
- Gunmen killed a butcher and injured his son in their shop in Mosul.
- A suicide car bomb targeted American military convoy in Mosul killing two Iraqi civilians and injuring ten others, Iraqi police said.