The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Sleikh neighborhood, injuring four civilians.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Karrada near Al Nidhal Street, killing one civilian and injuring threeothers.
-Iraqi police said a gunman killed two American soldiers and injured one near Salman Pak, south west of Baghdad today. Soldiers respondedto the attacker injuring him and another man and killing two, a man and a woman. Police said the attacker saw American soldiers searching an Iraqi woman using their hands, which prompted him to open fire on the soldiers. A U.S. military release said a small arms fire attack targeted soldiers while they were on foot-patrol talking to residents, killing one U.S. soldier and injuring three others. The release said soldiers returned fire killing four attackers and the incident is under investigation.
- Iraqi police found one dead body in the New Baghdad neighborhood in Baghdad.
- A gunman killed a detainee and injured a policeman in a court house in Sulaimaniyah on Tuesday. The attacker used a pistol to kill defendant Hassan Ghalib, an18-year-old Arab, as police were escorting him to see the judge inside the court house. Ghalib was accused of killing five members of a Kurdish family in Kirkuk. Police said the attacker was detained immediately after the attack.
- American forces accidently killed Jassim Mohammed Al Garout, head of awakening council in Siniyah town, north of Baghdad. The incident occurred after Al Garout rushed to a site of a bomb that injured one of his men, according to a spokesman of the group.
- Two roadside bombs exploded in Basra today, one in Al Hussein neighborhood, west Basra, killing the man who was planting it. The other bomb exploded on the road leading to Basra international airport, west of Basra, police didn’t release the number of casualties.