The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 am, a bomb which was attached to a civilian car detonated when the car passed through an army check point. Three people were injured, two soldiers who were at the check point and the driver of that car.
- Around 11 am, gunmen assassinated a man in his car while he was on the high way of Mohammed Al-Qassim opposite to the ministry of finance building. The man was an employee of Baghdad municipality.
- Around noon, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol on the high way of Shoala –Taji(north Baghdad). No casualties reported.
- Around 5 pm, a sniper killed 2 Iraqi soldiers in Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad).
- Police found 2 dead bodies in Baghdad neighborhoods: one was found in Bab Al-Muatham (north Baghdad) and one was found in Shurta (south west Baghdad).
- Around 7 pm, a roadside bomb targeted the convoy of Mosul operation commander. Two guards were injured with some damage to one car of the convoy’s.
- Police found Dr. Tariq Muaeen’s body yesterday. Dr.Tariq was kidnapped two days ago in Karama neighborhood in Mosul city.
-Police found two dead bodies in east Mosul today.
- Gunmen killed a police officer and his brother in the industrial compound of Karama neighborhood in Mosul city.
- Gunmen attacked Al-Wathba village in Balad Ruz(28 miles south east Baquba). They destroyed dozens of houses and displaced 46 families from their own houses.