The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 3:30 p.m. a mortar shell slammed into Al Sleikh neighborhood. The shell destroyed a parking civilian car and injured two civilians.
- Around 3:45 p.m. a bomb attached to a mini bus in Al Mansour neighborhood killed three tribal sheikhs and injuring 4 others.
- Police found three unidentified bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Zayuna, one in Ubaidi, one in Dora.
- Police found two dead bodies of two women were shot in different parts of their bodies near Perdey town north of Kirkuk. Police also found beside the deceased women a kid, about 5 years old, who was hospitalized.
- Guards of the local Kurdish security militia, Asayesh, shot and injured a taxi driver as he failed to stop at a check point and hit the concrete barrier at the militia's headquarter in Erbil yesterday.
- Four gunmen stormed a currency exchange office in central Basra killing the owner and fled the place.
- A roadside bomb targeted Zuhair Muhsin, the mayor of Mosul city, eastern Mosul injuring two of his bodyguards.