The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 1 p.m. gunmen killed Colonel Nibras Fadel Abbas, an Iraqi ministry of defense employee, near Al Yarmouk hospital.
- Around 8 p.m. a roadside bomb injured two civilians in Al Bunouk neighborhood.
- Clashes between U.S. military and gunmen near Jisr Diyala area injured three civilians, Iraqi police said.
- A roadside bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy in Zafaraniyah injuring one civilian, Iraqi police said.
- Three men were killed and 18 others were injured including women today in Sadr city according to medical reports from two hospitals in the city.
- Police found two dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Yarmouk, one in Zayuna.
- Gunmen in a speeding car shot at Asuda women's organization headquarter, that give residence for women fleeing domestic violence, injuring one woman, yesterday.
- Gunmen using a taxi using machine guns attacked and injured one citizen near Qalawa apartments south of Sulaimaniyah.
- A bomb was planted inside a civilian car of Hussein Shaban, a former police officer and former Awakening council member in Al Shirqat south of Mosul. The blast killed him.
- A roadside bomb targeted Abu Qutaiba, a local leader of an Awakening group a U.S. sponsored militia, in Al Lehaib area north east of Fallujah killing him with two bodyguards and killing two children were passing by the bomb.