The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 11 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi police vehicle in Ur neighborhood, killing one policeman and injuring five.
- Around 11 a.m. a motorcycle bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy in Dora, Iraqi police said. U.S. military confirmation was not available by the time of publication of this report.
- Around 12:30 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy in Baladiyat neighborhood damaging one Humvee, Iraqi police said. U.S. confirmation was not available by the time of publication of this report.
- Police found three unidentified dead bodies throughout Baghdad, two in Abu Desheer (Dora), one in Palestine Street.
- Two Iraqi army soldiers were severely injured as they were defusing a roadside bomb Al Bu Khamis area south of Baquba.
- Gunmen attacked and killed a father and injured his wife and two children as he was driving his car in Baladruz (about 34 miles east of Baquba).
- Around 6:30 p.m. a suicide bomber driving a truck bomb targeted an Iraqi army checkpoint in Habaniyah area (about 19 miles west of Fallujah), killing one soldier and injuring one officer and three civilians.