The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 6 am a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol at the 55 intersection in Sadr city .No casualties recorded but one Humvee was burned.
- Around 8 am, clashes took place between gunmen and the joint forces ( Iraqi and American ) at 55 intersection and Falah street in Sadr city .20 gunmen were killed and the 55 were injured in that clashes .
- Around 8am, an air strike killed nine gunmen who were firing RPG7 at the Iraqi army soldiers in Sadr city .
- Around 9 am, a mortar shell hit the special tasks directorate building of MOI in Sadr city .Two policemen were injured with three cars damaged.
- Around 11 am, a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol at Zayouna neighborhood (east Baghdad) near Badr Al-Kubra school .Three Iraqi army soldiers were injured.
- Around 12 pm, a mortar shell hit the main street near the Air Force Club near Palestine street. One civilian was killed and 4 were injured with three cars damaged.
- Around 4pm, mortars hit six locations at the same time:
- 3 shells hit Muthana airport compound (downtown Baghdad) which has military headquarters and political parties. No casualties recorded.
- 1 shell hit Karradat Mariam (downtown Baghdad and few meters from the green zone).5 people were injured in that incident.
- 1 shell hit Beirut intersection in Palestine street (east Baghdad). 2 people were injured in that incident.
- 1 shell hit Sadr city police station .No casualties recorded.
- 1 shell hit Alawi Jamila warehouses which are one of the main places to support merchants by food stuff in Baghdad. Fire is still there till the time of this report and the fire brigades have difficulties to reach the area due to the clashes between the gunmen and the joint forces in the area.
- A shell hit the special tasks directorate building of MOI in Sadr city which was hit in the morning .no casualties recorded.
- Police found 5 dead bodies in Baghdad today: 3 dead bodies were found in east Baghdad (Risafa bank); 2 in Zayuna and 1 in New Baghdad. While two were found in west Baghdad (Karkh bank); 1 in Yarmouk and 1 in Amil.
- Around 11:30 am, police and Sahwa found 9 dead bodies at Al-Zour village of Muqdadiya (35 km north east Baquba).
- Around 12:10 pm, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Abu Khamis village (12 km south Baquba).
- In the early morning, gunmen who were having a false checkpoint at Jurin village of Adhba area (south of Mosul) kidnapped 42 university students who were on their way to Mosul university and took them to unknown area. Mosul operation commander said later that Iraqi army had released the 42 students from the abductees with no more information.
- In the morning, gunmen kidnapped one supporting member in Hawija Al-Bahriya (2 km west Dhulwiya who was maintaining power supply lines in the area.
- Around 8:30 am, an IED targeted a house of Sahwa member in downtown Samarra .No casualties recorded, but a little damage to the house.
- Around 5 pm, a roadside bomb targeted a truck which supplies food for the American army at a village south of Baiji. No casualties reported but the truck damaged.
- In the evening, a roadside bomb targeted civilians downtown Tikrit. 7 people were injured in that incident.
- At noon, police found a female body at Bartukhana neighborhood on the main road between Kirkuk and Sulaimaniyah.