The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq , much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- At dawn , the American planes bombed some targets in Sadr city, police said .
- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Qahira neighborhood (north east Baghdad) .Three people were injured in that incident .
- Around 7 a.m. A roadside bomb targeted civilians in Talbiyah killing 3 civilians and injuring 14 others.
- Around 1 p.m. a mortar shell slammed into Dawodi neighborhood injuring 2 civilians.
- Around 2 p.m. gunmen attacked a civilian car killing two women and injuring the driver (a police man) and a third woman survived. The three women are employees of a cell phone company.
- A roadside bomb targeted cleaning workers in Al Mashtal injuring three workers.
- A mortar shell hi Al Mashtal neighborhood injuring 2 residents.
- Police found 2 dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Sadr city and one In Mahdiya.
- At dawn, 3 IEDs exploded targeted three houses at Sadiyah village of Khanaqeen (east Baquba) .One woman was killed and a man was injured in those explosions .Police arrested 17 suspected in a raid after that incident.
- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Mandli near Balad Ruz (75 kmeast Baquba).Three people were killed and 8 were injured.
- In the morning, gunmen killed two security forces members(a policeman and a soldier ) and kidnapped two civilians at Kubeiba village (10 km east of Dhulwiyah) when they made a false check point in the entrance of Bishkan village of Dhulwiyah).
- Tuesday night, a suicide bomber tried to make one of the supporting councils’ leaders in Hawija (west of Kirkuk) ,but the leader’s guards opened fire on him who was shot dead with another person who was killed accidentally at the same site.
- A parked car bomb targeted Kirkuk police chief convoy today. The attack caused damages to one police vehicle.
- In the morning, the Basra commander operation center and the spokesman of the MOD survived from an assassination attempt with the Hurra TV correspondent injured at Hussein (Hayaniyah) neighborhood (west Basra) when gunmen opened fire on them, eyewitnesses said .While the MOD spokesman , Mohammad Al-Askri,said that a roadside bomb targeted their patrol surviving from this attempt.
- A parked car bomb targeted a police vehicle in Al Quds neighborhood in Mosul, killing a passing by woman and injuring four policemen.
- A quarrel between men from the Awakening council , a U.S. sponsored militia, and policemen in Saqlawiyah, north of Fallujah, injured five men.