The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 am, mortars hit the green zone (IZ) in downtown Baghdad. No casualties reported.
- Around 4 pm, mortar shell hit Karrada neighborhood .Two people were injured in that incident.
- Around 4:15 pm, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad) .Two policemen were injured with their vehicle burned.
- Police found 3 dead bodies in Baghdad neighborhoods today: 2 in east Baghdad( Risafa bank) ; 1 in Jisr Diyala and 1 in Shaab. While 1 was found in Bayaa in west Baghdad in Karkh bank.
-Around 8:30 am, a bicycle bomb which was parked near Al-Khulafa mosque targeted one of the Falluja governing council members’ car downtown the city. One person was killed in that incident who had bought the car from the governing member yesterday. Also four people were injured in that incident.
- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb targeted a lorry at Balad Ruz (40 km east Baquba) killing its driver.
- Around 7:30 am, gunmen killed 4 Sahwa members at Isamla village of Buhrz (10 km south Baquba).
- Around 10:45 am, a roadside bomb targeted the vice governor’s convoy at Moqdadiyah (40 km east Baquba).Two of his guards were killed in that incident who were Iraqi policemen.