The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Palestine street(east Baghdad) injuring 5 people.
- Around 9 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol near Talbia Bridge towards Shaab neighborhood (north Baghdad).No casualties reported.
- Around 9:15 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Taji near Baghdad’s north gate .No casualties reported.
- Around 9:30 am, 3 mortar shells hit Shaab neighborhood (north Baghdad).Three civilians were injured in that incident.
- Around 9:30 am, 3 mortar shells lobbed on the green zone (IZ) .No casualties or damage reported.
- Around 10 am, an American patrol defused a roadside bomb at Saidiyah neighborhood (south Baghdad) near Imam Ali mosque.
- Around 10:10 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Shaab neighborhood (north Baghdad) towards the industrial area. No casualties reported.
- Around 10:30 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol near Qanat bridge(east Baghdad) .No casualties reported on the US patrol while two Iraqi people were killed and ten were injured in that incident.
- Police found (4) dead bodies in Baghdad neighborhoods today: 2 were found in Karkh bank; 1 in Dora and 1 in Amil. While 2 dead bodies were found in Risafa bank : 1 in Baladiyat and 1 in Zayuna .
- Police found one dead body at one of the orchards in Dali Abass village (east of Baquba).
- Around 1:50 pm, mortars hit Kanan village targeting Sheikh Tha’r Ghadhban’s funeral (who was killed two days ago) .Four people were injured (including a woman and a child).
- Police found a dead body at the way between Kanan –Balad Ruz (20 km east of Baquba).
- Baquba morgue delivered today two dead bodies for a husband and wife who was kidnapped last Friday at Imam Habash (20km south of Baquba).
- Around 2:10 pm, a ten year girl was killed due to clashes took place at Bazaiz Buhrz (10 km south of Baquba) between gunmen and Iraqi army. The girl was in a farm with her aunt when a bullet killed her at once.
- Around 5:25 pm, an IED exploded at farm in Abu Saida village (20 km east of Baquba).Two people were injured in that incident while they were in that farm.
- Tuesday night, a policeman was injured during clashes took place between gunmen and policemen in front of a check point in Iqari neighborhood behind Shaab park (downtown Sulaimaniyah city in northern Kurdistan).
- Around Tuesday midnight, gunmen opened fire on the Kurdistan communist party headquarter .No casualties recorded in that incident, an official of the Kurdistan communist party said.
- Around 10 am, a policeman was killed by a guard of Baiji mayor based on tribal revenge .A curfew was announced in the city after this incident to control the situation.