The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 6 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Andalus intersection in Karrada neighborhood .No casualties or damage recorded.
- Around 7am, two roadside bombs exploded in a sequence at Zafaraniyah neighborhood near the gas factory .One person was killed and another was injured.
- Police found two dead bodies in Baghdad today: 1 was found in Saidiyah in Karkh bank while 1 was found in Kasra of Waziriyah in Risafa bank.
- In the morning, the Iraqi army found a mass grave of 6 dead men in Qureishat village of Salam in Khalis (north of Baquba).The dead were killed about months ago who were handcuffed and blindfolded with some shots on different parts of the body.
- In the morning , a roadside bomb exploded which was planted above the top of a rescue car in downtown Tikrit .One officer was killed and two were injured in that incident.
- Before noon, a car bomb targeted a joint forces patrol (Iraqi army and police)at Corneesh street downtown Mosul city . Two people were killed and five were injured in that incident.