The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 a.m. two mortar shells slammed into Al Shoala neighborhood, minutes later another two mortar shells hit Al Ghazaliyah neighborhood. No casualties were reported.
- A bomb exploded inside a restaurant in Sadr city, killing one and injuring 13.
- Police found two bodies in Baghdad, one in Dora and one camp sara.
- Two roadside bombs targeted mourning Ashura pilgrims in Kirkuk. The first explosion was near Al Adham mosque in southern Kirkuk. The second bomb was in the same neighborhood, two men were killed and six were injured, police said. A curfew was imposed in the city.
- Two gunmen were killed as they were setting a bomb inside a building in Al Multaqa town south of Kirkuk. Police said the bomb exploded killing the two.
- A rocket slammed into the northern city of Talafar, killing seven and injuring twenty people.
- Three suicide bombers wearing bomb vests attacked a police checkpoint near Al Ubeidi police station in eastern Ramadi, two of the vests exploded killing six policemen and injuring 13. The third suicide bomber's vest didn't explode and police detained him, Iraqi police said.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police vehicle in Khaniqeen, east of Baquba, injuring two police officers.
- A roadside bomb targeted the Diyala governor's convoy near his house in Al Wajihiya area, about 25 kilometers east of Baquba, killing three bodyguards and injuring two.