The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8.30 a.m., gunmen assassinated Judge Amir Jawdat Al-na’ib, the member of the federal appeal court while he was in his way to work. The incident took place in Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad) near Kabab Ninawa restaurant . Jawdat’s car driver was killed in the incident, too.
- Police found (5 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad :( 3 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank); 2 in Palestine street and 1 in Ubeidi . While ( 2 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ); 1 in Doura and 1 in Amil.
- Around noon, a joint forces of Iraqi police , American army and popular committees , raided Buhriz village ( 7 km south east Baquba ) arresting 63 suspected men .Meanwhile , a house filled with explosions detonated killing three ( one policemen and two members of the popular committees) and injuring 7 others ( five policemen and two Iraqi officers ).
- Around noon, an IED targeted a car whose passengers were policemen of Dujail police station who were on their way from Baghdad to Dujail .The incident took place at Tarmiyah area in the midway between Dujail and Baghdad.
- Around 2 p.m., mortars hit Balad district ( north of Baghdad ) injuring one child as destroyed one of the houses there.
- Around noon, a car bomb exploded at Gharbalani neighborhood in Mosul city which was parked on the road targeting a police patrol killing one civilian and injuring 6 ( three policemen and three people who were on the road at the moment of the incident.
- Police in Mosul found two unidentified dead bodies in two different places in Mosul city.
Sunday night , gunmen assassinated Fayadh Al-Mosawi , the man in charge of public relations of Sadr office in Basra , while he was attending a funeral ceremony in Zubair ( south of Basra city ).