The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. U.S. military found and detonated a roadside bomb near a checkpoint in Karrada.
- Around 10:30 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted a police convoy in Zafaraniyah near Al Kubaisi mosque, injuring three police men.
- A suicide truck bomb targeted a checkpoint of a local awakening council near Al Tarmiya town north of Baghdad, killing nine including checkpoint guards and civilians, Iraqi police said.
- Police found two bodies in Baghdad, one in Shaab and in Abu Desheer.
- A woman wearing a suicide vest targeted a police patrol near 7 April neighborhood in Baquba, injuring 7 people including one child and one policeman.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iraqi borders guards' vehicle south of Khaniqeen near the Iraq-Iran border, killing an officer and another soldier and injuring six others. The borders guards were on their way to check on reports of mortar shelling that targeted a near by town.
- A truck bomb targeted an awakening council check point in Al Musaib, north of Babil province, killing one and injuring three other members of the group, Iraqi police said.