The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Bab Al-Muatham ( north Baghdad ) . No casualties recorded but some damage to one of the convoy’s vehicles.
- Police found ( 4 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad:( 2 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank) ; 1 in Nahrwan and 1 in Palestine street.While ( 2 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 1 in Doura and ( 1 ) in Amil
- Around 2 p.m., Iraqi army found 17 dead bodies buried at Hadeed area ( 10 km west of Baquba ) .
- Around 5.30 p.m., gunmen attacked an army check point at Buhriz in Kanan ( 10 km north of Baquba ) killing two soldiers and injuring nine others.
- Wednesday afternoon, gunmen kidnapped Hamid A.Abdul Latif , a member of Democratic Party of Kurdistan in front of his house at Jalwla district (110 km north east Baquba )