The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Zafaraniyah, injuring two civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Al Urfaly area, causing damages to the vehicle.
- Gunmen killed 11 members of Diaa Al Kawaz family in Al Shaab neighborhood yesterday (Sunday) morning. Al Kawaz is an Iraqi journalist and is the editor in chief of an electronic news agency. Iraqi police didn’t confirm the incident.
- Police found four dead bodies throughout Baghdad.1 in Abu Desheer, 1 in Bayaa, 1 in Ur, 1 in Sleikh
- Around midday A gunman killed a woman as she was shopping in Al Banat (girls in Arabic) market according to eye witnesses.
- Gunmen killed Jabar Kadhim as he was driving his car in central Hilla.
- A suicide car bomb exploded in an Iraqi army check point near a bridge near Shemait viilage southwest of Kirkuk yesterday, killing one soldier and injuring 5 others. Police said the suicide was targeting the bridge but the soldiers stopped him before reaching the bridge.
- Iraqi police said Al Qaeda gunmen attacked a local anti Al Qaeda group in Kanan (15 Kilometers south Baqouba), killing one member of the group and bombing two houses including the group's headquarter.
- Iraqi police said Al Qaeda fighters attacked a local anti Qaeda group in Al Muqdadiyah (25 kilometers east of Baqouba), the clashes killed four of Al Qaeda fighters.