The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m., a car bomb exploded at Bab Al Muatham neighborhood near the Arab fighter square killing 9 people and injuring 39 others.
- Around 9.15 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Al-Waziriyah neighborhood (north east Baghdad) injuring one person. Meanwhile, an army patrol came to the scene .At that time, another roadside exploded killing one person and injuring 6 soldiers and one civilian.
- Around 10 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Beirut intersection (east Baghdad). No casualties reported.
- Around 6 p.m., mortars hit Baladiyat neighborhood targeting the American base inside the former intelligence headquarters .No further details.
- Police found ( 5 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : (3)Were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ) ; 1 in Shoala , 1 in Bayaa and 1 in Saidiyah. While ( 2 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ) ; 1 in New Baghdad and 1 in Ur.
- Saturday night, a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol on the Kirkuk – Hawija road near Al- Munazla village .No casualties recorded only little damage for a civilian car.
- Saturday night, gunmen opened fire on a civilian resident of Al-Riadh district (west of Kirkuk) injuring him and they ran away.
- Saturday night , gunmen injured a resident of Zahdiyah village in Hawija ( west of Kirkuk) .
- Saturday night , gunmen killed a local employee who works for a foreign company in Um Qasr ( 58 km south of Basra ).
- Around 2.30 , gunmen opened fire on an employee of Basra criminal court in Basra city when he was about to leave the building killing him at once.
- Police found three unidentified dead bodies in three different parts in Basra ( in Ashar , Old Basra and Mufaqiyah ) .All the dead bodies belong to people who were kidnapped last Saturday.
- Saturday night , a roadside bomb targeted a British patrol which was in its way from Kuwait to its base in Basra international airport . No casualties recorded.
At 8.15 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a vehicle carrying local workers of Asharaf base ( in Diyala) for the Iranian Mojahdi Khalq organization killing one worker and injuring 6 others , a member of Mojahdi Khalq organization said.