The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8:30 a.m. A roadside bomb targeted major crimes unit police vehicle in Al Sadoun St, injuring two policemen.
- Around 2 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Jadiria, causing no casualties. Iraqi army vehicles moved to the site and another bomb targeted army vehicle, injuring one soldier and two civilians.
- Iraqi police found 4 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Palestine St, 1 in Saidiyah, 2 in Amil
- Police found an unidentified head in Wajihia (25 kilometers east of Baqouba).
- Gunmen kidnapped the son of the assistant of Diyala police chief in Kanaan (10 kilometers north of Baqouba).
- Gunmen attacked construction workers, injuring 3 workers.
- An IED inside a mini bus targeted civilians in Al Musaieb yesterday, injuring two civilians.
- Gunmen killed Khamis Rodhan Saleem, a member of the local council of Al Riyadh town, on a main road west of Kirkuk yesterday.
- Gunmen kidnapped Sameer Taha Youssef, a driver, in Al Nasr neighborhood south Kirkuk yesterday.
- A roadside bomb targeted members of an anti Qaeda local group near Samara, causing no casualties.