The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen attacked an Iraqi army checkpoint in Hawr Rijab area south Baghdad early today, killing three soldiers and injuring three others. Al Qaeda gunmen seized one Humvee and several weapons and ammunitions and used it to attack the near by head quarter of an anti Qaeda group and killed 8 members and injured four others, according to Iraqi police source.
- Around 7 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted a bus in Al Talbiyah, injuring two civilians.
- Around 7:30 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi national police vehicle near Jisr Diyala, injuring two policemen.
- Around 8 a.m. Three gunmen attacked an Iraqi army checkpoint in Al Mansour using hand grenades, injuring one soldier. Iraqi police said that the gunmen were minors.
- Around 2 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted police vehicle in Al Tobchi, injuring one policeman and two civilians.
- Around 3:30 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle near Al Zawra Park, injuring two soldiers.
- Around 5 p.m. ten mortar shells slammed into the Green Zone, Iraqi police said and gave no casualties figure for the attack.
- Police found 4 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Sadr, 1 in Doura, 1 in Saidiyah, 1 in Amil.
- Around 9 a.m. Gunmen kidnapped Amjad Shalgham Bander, an Iraqi army soldier, from Al Elwiyah village near Al Riyadh area west of Kirkuk.
- A parked car bomb targeted police vehicle in Al Shirqat south of Mosul in the industrial area, injuring three policemen today.
- Gunmen killed Wahab Jabur Haloub, a former member of Baath party, in al Mualimeen area south of Najaf yesterday.
- Gunmen attacked Al Kubat and Al Kilaeat villages near Dali Abbas (25 Kilometers north of Baqouba), the attackers were Al Qaeda members and the residents of the two villages clashed with the attackers and killed 19 of the attackers and three residents were killed and 2 others were injured, according to Iraqi police.
- Four men were killed in Al Badran village (15 Kilometers north of Basra) yesterday. Residents said the four men were members of Mahdi Army militia who were killed in a clash with a family as the family refused to marry their daughter to one of the four killed militia men.