The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 5:30 p.m. An IED targeted civilians near Aden square, causing no casualties or damages.
- Police found 3 dead bodies throughout Baghdad.1 in Bab Al Muatham, 1 in Saidiyah, 1 in Doura
- Iraqi police defused two roadside bombs and one rocket in different areas in Kirkuk yesterday.
- An IED targeted an oil company employee in Kirkuk yesterday. The explosion damaged the house and no human casualties.
- Gunmen kidnapped one citizen in Toz Khirmato south of Kirkuk yesterday.
- Around 7 a.m. an IED targeted an Iraqi army officer house in Kirkuk, causing no damages.
- Around 12:40 p.m. a parking car bomb targeted police vehicle in Al Hawija west of Kirkuk, killing one police man and injuring another and injuring 2 civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted a policeman private car as he was driving west of Kirkuk today, injuring the man and causing severe damages to his car.
- Around 1:30 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army convoy near Al Safra village west of Kirkuk, killing Captain Hassan Khalaf and injuring 3 other soldiers.
- Two IED attacks in two different places near Khaniqeen town killed 3 policemen and injured 3 others yesterday.
- A roadside bomb targeted police vehicle near Al Sadiyah town, injuring 3 policemen yesterday.