The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 a.m., mortars hit Al-Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad) near Milky Master shop injuring 2 people.
- Around noon, gunmen attacked rubbish collectors throwing a grenade on them killing one and injuring 6 others at Al-Rubai Street near the Information and Culture ministry.
- Around 3.05 p.m., a bomb was planted inside a mini bus in Alawi bus station (downtown Baghdad).
- Police found ( 5 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad:
( 4 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 2 in Amil , 1 in Doura and 1 in Saidiyah.
While ( 1 ) was found in Palestine street in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank).
- Monday night, gunmen killed a policeman inside his own car (he was not on duty) at Al-Nasir neighborhood beyond Mirouj pharmacy in Kirkuk city.
- Before noon, a car bomb targeted an army check point at Zubaidiya ( south east of Samara ) killing three soldiers and injuring 9 others.