The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 a.m. a road side bomb targeted police patrol in Zafaraniyah. One civilian was killed and 2 policemen were injured.
- Around 8 a.m. a bomb inside a bus exploded in Zayuna. Two civilians were killed and 5 were injured.
- Around 9 a.m. Two parked car bomb exploded in parking yard not far away from Baghdad morgue. 5 people were killed and 20 were injured.
- Around 1 p.m. a parked car bomb targeted civilians in Ur neighborhood near Al Firdous mosque. 8 civilians were killed and 15 others were injured.
- Police found 9 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Rashad, 2 in Zafaraniyah, 1 in Sleikh, 1 in Mahmoudiyah, 1 in Hurriyah, 1 in Jamiaa, 2 in Amil.
- Three rockets slammed into two neighborhoods of Basra yesterday night and early morning today. The first caused damages to a house in Al Zahraa area in Basra, other two rockets caused damages to houses in Al Amin Al Dakhily area (10 Km west of Basra). Both attacks caused no human casualties.
- About 8 p.m. gunmen attacked Emad Abdul Kareem, one of Grand Ayatollah Sistani representative in Basra and Imam of Mussa Al Kathum mosque, as he left the mosque in Al Hussein neighborhood west Basra. Kareem was injured and one of his bodyguards was killed.