The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- 1 civilian killed and 2 injured in Zayuna, east Baghdad, near al-Shaab Stadium when an IED detonated at 09:00 this morning.
- 2 civilians killed and 5 injured in Mansour, central Baghdad, near al-Rahman Mosque, by explosion of parked car bomb at noon today.
- 1 civilian killed and 3 injured in IED explosion in Harthiyah neighborhood, central Baghdad, at 12:15 pm.
- Security personnel of a Convoy Escort Team of a Private Security Company opened fire, killing 9 civilians and injuring 15 in Nisoor Sq, central Baghdad, at 12:30 this afternoon, said Iraqi Police.
- 1 civilian killed and 2 injured by IED explosion in Ma'moun neighborhood, central Baghdad at 12:45 pm.
- 12 unidentified bodies were found in Baghdad today by Iraqi Police. 2 in Zafaraniyah, 2 in Shaab, 3 in Amil, 2 in Bayaa, 2 in Saidiyah and 1 in Risala.
- 5 civilians killed and 22 injured in a café in the centre of the town of Tuz Khurmatu, to the south of Kirkuk as a suicide bomber wearing an explosive vest detonated himself at 11:15 this morning. The suicide bomber was riding a bicycle and detonated as he reached the café; the numbers given are a primary estimation. The explosion also caused the destruction of nearby houses and shops.
- Gunmen stole a white double seat pick-up truck with a young boy in it, near the Central market in the city of Kirkuk at 02:15 pm yesterday. And although the Kirkuk Police have passed the description of both car and boy to all its patrols, their fate is still unknown, today Sunday.
- The Islamic Union of Kurdistan announced the assassination of one of its prominent members, Mulla Yaseen Suleiman Ahmed at the hands of gunmen, in the city of Mosul today. The assassination comes after the bombing and destruction of the party's main HQ in Mosul on Friday Sept 14.