The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 1.20 p.m., mortars hit Bayaa neighborhood ( south west Baghdad) injuring 7 people .
- Around 3.20 p.m., a planted bomb was put inside a sedan car exploded in front of the fine arts institution at Mansour neighborhood ( west Baghdad) killing one person and injuring 5 others.
- Police found 12 unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : (9) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 2 in Doura , 2 in Amil , 2 in Hurriyah, 1 in Jihad , 1 in Saidiyah . While (3) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank) ; 1 in Sadr city , 1 in Ur and 1 in Shaab.
Diyala - Around mid-day , two police officers ( a major and a lieutenant ) were killed and 12 other policemen were injured while 10 gunmen were killed and 15 are in custody during clashes took place between a Kurdish police with the security forces and gunmen near Qara Taba village north of Baquba in Diyala province.
- Around 7 p.m. of Monday , gunmen kidnapped a student at Al-Bashir village of Taza ( south Kirkuk) . Police had passed full information of the two vehicles which were used during the abduction to all police stations , patrols and check points to get the abductors.
- Around mid night of Monday , a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol of Serkran station at Mama village on Kikrkuk-Mosul route ( north Kirkuk ) injuring two policemen with some damage to the vehicle.
-The deputy governor of Mosul said that the victims of the suicide car bomb which took place yesterday night at Kerkamish which is part of Zimmar ( north of Mosul) reached 80 (4 killed and 76 wounded) . Also this explosion destroyed 8 houses , 16 commercial shops and burned 9 cars .
- Around Monday night , gunmen killed The Imam and orator of Mahtta (station) mosque in front of his house at Jubaila neighborhood ( north Basra) .He is a member of the Islamic Iraqi Supreme Council .