The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around noon, a parked car bomb targeted civilians in Al Atifiyah near the ambulances center. Two civilians were killed and 5 were injured. Several ambulances were damaged.
- Around 5 p.m., a roadside exploded at Yousifiyah ( south of Baghdad) killing 2 people and injuring 13 others.
- Police found ( 10 ) unidentified bodies in the following neighborhood in Baghdad : (8) were found in west Baghdad (Karkh bank) ; 2 in Saidiyah, 2 in Bayaa , 2 in Amil , 1 in Risala and 1 in I'laam . While (2) were found in east Baghdad (Risafa bank) ; 1 in Sadr city and 1 in Sleikh .
- Around 10 a.m. a road side bomb targeted an Iraqi army convoy in southern Kirkuk. One civilian was killed and 4 others were injured.
- Around 3.30 p.m., a truck bomb exploded at a village north west of Mosul killing 10 people and injuring 60 others.
- Around 5 p.m., gunmen killed and then burned the body of the manager superviser of finance in Basra city ( north of the city near Basra gate).