The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClachy's Washington Bureau.
- 1 civilian killed and 5 injured as a result of IED explosion near Zayuna Communications Centre situated on the highway, east Baghdad at 09:00am this morning. Most of them were employees in the Centre.
- 2 injured in a car bomb explosion. The vehicle was parked in the car park of the Ministry of Trade, in Unions' St, Mansour District, central Baghdad and was detonated at 01:30 this afternoon.
-3 mortar rounds fell on Dora neighborhood earlier this evening injuring 3 civilians.
- 4 civilians injured as a result of a mortar round landing in Bayaa around 08:00 pm.
- 3 Iraqi policemen injured as IED targeted a joint patrol consisting of Iraqi police and Coalition forces in Kornish St, near al-Aras Club, downtown Kirkuk, at 11:20 pm yesterday evening. There was no mention of any MNFI casualties.
- 2 Iraqi Army servicemen injured in IED explosion targeting their patrol on the airport route, near the Wahid Huzairan checkpoint, at 12:10 this morning.
- 2 Turkmen, Najat Ali and Ali Haq were killed by gunmen in Gharnata neighborhood, south Kirkuk late last night as they were returning home from their store.
- 1 shepherd injured by grenade explosion yesterday evening. The 25 year old shepherd found the hand grenade and it accidentally exploded. He is in critical condition.
- 1 unidentified body of a female was found by Iraqi Police near Galozi village, Barada, to the north of Kirkuk this morning. She was 20 – 25 years of age, and had been shot several times. The body has been transported to the morgue for further investigation into her identity and the details of her death.
- 1 civilian shot dead by gunmen. Fadhel Mohammed al-Dulaimi, 38, was shot on his way home from work in the industrial area, near the used-car lots in Hawija district, to the south of Kirkuk.
- Aziz B'aiwi, Deputy Chief of Iraqi Police in Kufa city, to the east of Najaf, was shot in the eye by a sniper, near al-Kufa Ice Plant, on his way home from work, at 09:00 pm Monday evening. He died instantly.
-Chief of Police of al-Siniyah district was killed with two of his security detail as an IED targeted their patrol in al-Siniyah, 7 km to the west of Beiji city at around 07:30 this evening. As a result Iraqi security forces announced a curfew until further notice in the district.
- 1 serviceman killed and 4 injured from the Infrastructure Security Forces in the area of Ishaqi, 130 km to the north of Baghdad when an IED exploded targeting them at 07:30 this afternoon.
- 1 policeman killed and 3 injured when gunmen attacked their patrol on the highway leading north out of Tikreet, 120 km to the north of Tikreet city this afternoon.