The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClachy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 11 a.m. a parked car bomb targeted civilians in Al Washash area killing one civilian and injuring 5 other people.
- A road side bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy in Al Qanat St, Iraqi police said. No casualties were reported.
- A mortar shell slammed into Baladiyat neighborhood. 2 residents were injured.
- Police found 15 dead bodies. 1 in Bab Al Muatham, 1 in Qahira, 1 in New Baghdad, 2 in Doura, 3 in Amil, 2 in Bayaa, 1 in Kadhemiya, 2 in Ealam, 2 in Saidiyah.
- A suicide truck bomb targeted the education dept. building, used by Iraqi police. 12 people were killed and 25 were injured. The explosion destroyed many of the neighboring houses and buildings.
- A parked car bomb targeted police vehicle in central Tikrit. One policeman was killed and 3 others were injured.
- Around 8:45 a.m. a road side bomb targeted a police vehicle not far away from the bus station in Kirkuk. 1 policeman was injured.
- Around midday, Gunmen killed Ahmed Hassan the local Mukhtar (local leader) of Al Khirba village in Al Riath (45 Km west of Kirkuk).
- A road side bomb targeted the Kurdish militia (Peshmerga) on the main road near Flaifel village near Al Faida area yesterday. 4 members were injured in the attack.
- Gunmen stormed a house in Al Mwilha area and killed 7 members from one family and injured 2 women yesterday. police estimated the number of the attackers of 5 to 6 gunmen.