The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClachy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. Several mortar shells slammed into the Green Zone.
- Around 11 a.m. A parked motorcycle bomb in Al Khulafaa square killed one civilian.
- Around 12:30 p.m. Mortar shells slammed into Al Ubeidi area. 7 residents were killed and 41 were injured.
- Around 1:30 p.m. Gunmen stopped a bus in Bab Al Muatham area. The gunmen took 15 passengers to Al Azza area in Al Fadhil.
- Around 2 p.m. A road side bomb not far away from Mishin compound. 1 civilian was killed and 5 were injured.
- A road side bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy in Shaab, Iraqi police said. no civilian casualties were recorded.
- Police found 14 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 2 in Saidiyah, 2 in Bayaa, 3 in Amil, 1 in Mansour, 2 in Sadr, 1 in Shaab, 1 in Palestine St, 1 in Qahira, 1 in New Baghdad.
- Gunmen kidnapped Raad Abdul Khaliq, a truck driver, in Al Hawija yesterday.
- Gunmen kidnapped Hakam Falah Khalaf, 12 years old, as he was in front his family’s house in Kirkuk.
- Police found a dead body in Al Rashad area. The body carried signs of torture and multiple gunshots.
- Two IEDs targeted police vehicles in Kirkuk. The first explosion targeted a police vehicle; police responded and sent more police vehicles to the site. Another bomb went off. 3 policemen were injured according to police.