The daily Iraqi violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq , much of which goes unreported . It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 am, mortars hit Rustamiyah camp in Ristumiya neighborhood ( south east Baghdad) . No casualties reported.
- Around 10 am, a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy at Baladiyat neighborhood. No casualties reported.
- After finishing his job , an administrator( general manger) of the ministry of industry by gunmen at Al-Sadoun street .
- Around 5 pm, a roadside bomb exploded near the college of administration and economics at Adhamiya neighborhood ( north Baghdad) killing one resident and injuring another.
- Police found 24 dead bodies in Baghdad in the following neighborhoods : 13 were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 4 in Bayaa , 4 in Amil , 2 in Kadhimiyah , 1 in Ma’amoun , 1 in Qadisiya and 1 in Khadraa. While 11 were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank) ; 4 in Sleikh , 2 in Karrada, 1 in Qahira . 1 in Ur , 1 in Kasra Wa’atash , 1 in Rashad , 1 in Al-Ameen.
- Before noon, police found 14 dead bodies near poultry field at Hibhib of Khalis ( 18 km north Baquba). All of them were tortured before being shot on heads and chests.
- Around 11.30 am, a suicide car bomb targeted a police check point at Hashimiyat area ( 20 km north of Baquba) killing four policemen and injuring three others. Four people were also killed including the head of Hibhib communications department with some members of his family.
- After mid-night of Wednesday , police found two dead bodies of two students ( male and female ) at Bekhtiari neighborhood in downtown Sulaimaniyah city who were burned by unknown material for police . Police arrested one suspected at the scene while the people who told of the incident ran away.
- Around 10.50 am , an explosion took place inside a shop for making military uniforms near Al-Mahakim Al-Askaria in downtown Kirkuk city injuring three people .
- Around 12.15 pm, a roadside bomb targeted a police car which was on the way of Baghdad – Kirkuk . No casualties reported but some damage o the vehicle.
- Wednesday night , a roadside targeted the convoy of the head of Mosul police at the wood area north of Mosul injuring four of his guards only .
- Around 10.45 am, mortars hit Al-Dour neighborhood in downtown Mosul city killing one resident and injuring four others.
- Around 3.30 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol near Awashra village on the way of Kirkuk-Biji ( west of Kirkuk) killing one soldier .
- Around 5 pm, opened fire on a police officer at Qadisiya neighborhood near power station department downtown Kirkuk injuring him with two other people who where at the scene .
- Around 7 am, mortars hit the headquarter of Hakimiya joint forces injuring one policeman with two cars damaged.