The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- 25 civilians were killed and 40 injured in a parked car bomb explosion near Al Bayaa bus station south Baghdad around 8,20 am.
- 12 civilians were wounded when a mortar shell hit Al Shorga area, the central commercial center of Baghdad around downtown Baghdad around 8,00 am.
- At least, 4 people were killed and 10 wounded in a parked car bomb near Al Mansour fuel station in Mansour neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 1,30 pm.
- A road side bomb exploded near Al Tobchi not far from Ibn Haian bridge targeting a U.S. military convoy. Two Iraqi civilians were injured.
- A road side bomb exploded in Bayaa targeting a U.S. military convoy. 2 Iraqi civilians were injured.
- One civilian was killed and 1 was injured when gunmen in a speeding car started shooting randomly at people in Amil neighborhood.
- An IED exploded in Doura neighborhood. The explosion targeted civilians. 3 civilians were injured.
- A mortar shell landed in the Green Zone. No casualties report.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Sadriya. 3 civilians were injured.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Fadhl. 4 civilians were killed.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Zafaraniyah. 1 civilian was killed and 1 was injured.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Rashad. 1 civilian was killed and 2 were injured.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Karada area near Abu Nawas street. 2 civilians were injured.
- Police found 15 dead bodies in Baghdad
4 in Amil, 2 in Saidiyah, 2 in Doura, 2 in Bayaa, 2 in Kasra Wa Atash, 1 in Rashad, 1 in Al Wihda, 1 in Al Zafaraniyah.
- An IED exploded targeting the vehicle of the commander of the 1st battalion of the infrastructure of the Iraqi army on the highway between Biji city and Kirkuk city south west of Baghdad yesterday evening. No casualties reported. Police sources said that the Iraqi army forces arrested three suspects who had been seen in the place of the explosion and the investigation is ongoing with them.
- Police sources in Basra city said that 5 civilians were killed yesterday evening when a British helicopter bombed their vehicle in Al Hussein neighborhood west neighborhood west Basra city.