The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Hussein Kadhim in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 10.30 am , two car bombs exploded near Zahra intersection at Kadhimiya neighborhood ( north Baghdad) killing 3 people and injuring 25 .
- Around 1 pm, a roadside bomb targeting an American patrol at Iskan neighborhood near Iskan hospital injuring four people.
- Around 1 pm, gunmen kidnapped a manager in the ministry of displaced and emigrants whose name is Toufan A.Wehab.
- Around 4 pm a roadside bomb exploded near Ruwad intersection in Mansour neighborhood injuring 1 civilian and injuring 8 .
- Around 4.30 pm ,a motor bike exploded at Bab Al-Muadham neighborhood without injuries recorded.
- Around 5 pm, a roadside bomb exploded at zafaraniya neighborhood having two injuries recorded.
- (34 ) dead bodies were found in Baghdad as the following : ( 23) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 8 in Bayaa , 4 in Amil , 3 in Doura , 2 in Hurriya , 2 in Jamia'a, 2 in Ma'amoun , 2 in Taji.
While (11 ) were found in east Baghdad (Risafa bank ) ; (3) in Sha'ab , (3) in Sadr city , 3 in Bab Al-Sheikh , 1 in Jamila , in Shamaiya .
Kirkuk ( 255 km north of Baghdad)
- Tuesday evening , a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol damaging one car with four soldiers injured who were inside the car . This patrol was targeted during a duty near Sufra village on the way of Riadh –Biji ( west of Kirkuk) after hitting the area with mortars.
Diyala ( 66 km north of Baghdad)
- Around mid-day, a cease fire took place between the people of Khalis supported by the Iraqi forces and the terrorists supported by Kheliq Iranian organization without knowing the reason . The casualties of both sides for the last 24 hours were 6 killed of police and 8 injured with one car burned while at least 10 dead from the terrorists side.
- After mid-day , Diyala salvation council freed Abdul Karim village in Kia'an area ( 25 km south of Baquba) from the terrorism hands killing at least 15 terrorists after a battle lasted for four hours.
Salhuddin ( 175 km north of Baghdad )
- Tuesday evening , a police officer with major rank was killed in Biji ( north of Tikrit)who was running the administration department of Biji police.
- Early morning , Iraqi security forces had found some roadsides bombs were planted under Dhiluiya ( the gates of the bridge) bridge which connect Balad and Baghdad with Dhiluiya and the left side of Samra
Najaf ( 161 km south of Baghdad)
- Tuesday night ( around 11 pm) , ( Rahim Al-Hifnawi)one of Al-Sistani reliable men in Mishkhab district was assassinated in Najaf where he lives by three gunmen who were riding a sedan car typed( Opel).
Basra ( 549 km south of Baghdad)
- Tuesday evening , three barbers had been killed by gumen at Ja'amiat neighborhood ( west Basra ) in addition to two others who were killed on Monday in Zubair ( about 18 km south west of Basra) and four others killed in Abu Al-Khasib ( about 16 km south east of Basra) .
- Early morning , police found a dead body for an employee who works for south oil company in Al-Latif ( north of Basra) .